Thanks to your voices, UrantiaNow continues to grow. The moment has come to articulate our vision and content guidelines for the site. The complete Vision and Guidelines can be found in our menu under About, as well as in the drop-down window below.
Our vision is to foster spiritual unity through the positive free expression of personal religious experience as revealed in the Urantia Book. This means we desire to provide a home for the sharing of your spiritual adventures, to act as a portal for healthy discussion of what it means to grapple with the meanings and values found in the UB, to be a nexus of events, happenings, and testimonials, and to operate as a center for constructive personal and familial resources related to the Urantia Book’s teachings. It is our desire for the content guidelines to provide a constructive framework within which we can foster a community that lives up to the ideals of fellowship revealed in the Urantia Book.
We hope this is as exciting for you as it is for us! Not only do you have access to these amazing resources—which will continue to develop and grow—but you are warmly encouraged to contribute. The new content guidelines are an open invitation for anyone of any background to share their spiritual life and be shared with in the spirit of brotherly love. Especially if you are striving to embody part or all of the Urantia Book’s teachings in your life, we want to share your story!
The easiest way to do any of these things is to fill out our Submit Post form in our menu under Contact or here: https://urantianow.com/contact-2/submit-post/. If you would like to get in touch or collaborate for any other reason, please fill out our general contact form here: https://urantianow.com/contact-2/.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported the growth of UrantiaNow to make it what it is today.
The YaYA Committee
[learn_more caption=”Content Guidelines “]
Content Guidelines for UrantiaNow.com
Proposed by the Youth and Young Adult Committee
– March 2013 –
UrantiaNow.com is an interactive community platform designed to foster worldwide spiritual unity through the positive free expression of personal religious experience as revealed in The Urantia Book.
- To be a dynamic hub for fruitful conversation among students of The Urantia Book.
- To be an engaging and exciting introduction to the Urantia community for those who are new or unfamiliar.
- To engage and inspire students of The Urantia Book with testimonials, news, forums, access to community resources, and promotion of community events.
- To serve as a conduit of discovery to the meanings of The Urantia Book to all those seeking.
- To offer resources and support for spiritual growth.
UrantiaNow.com seeks to reach anyone interested in learning more about, becoming involved with, or staying involved with the community of Urantia Book readers. The content and aesthetic of the site is particularly meant to appeal to younger generations.
UrantiaNow.com is designed as a news blog. Featured posts rotate regularly, focus on personal religious experience, and encourage comments and discussion. The site also offers an opinion section and resources for study, support, socialization, service, and outreach.
Content for UrantiaNow.com DOES:
- Help actualize the vision for UrantiaNow.com by addressing at least one of the goals listed above.
- Contain information and constructive opinions related to the vision and goals of UrantiaNow.com, expressed with tact and tolerance.
- Promote news, projects, events, and creative works related to students of The Urantia Book.
- Allow for constructive debate.
- Allow for questioning, doubt, and disagreement about The Urantia Book’s teachings in the context of individual spiritual growth.
- Relate to The Urantia Book and its community of readers.
Content for UrantiaNow.com DOES NOT:
- Disparage the teachings of The Urantia Book.
- Allow name-calling or attacking of individuals or organizations.
Content Recruitment and Oversight
An editorial board comprised of no fewer than four members of the Youth and Young Adult Committee is responsible for recruiting and overseeing content on UrantiaNow.com. The editorial board will post proposed content with a majority vote. In the event of a split vote in the editorial board, it will send proposed content to the Fellowship’s Publications Committee for review before posting. The editorial board has the right to delete posts, comments, and users with a majority vote.